Wednesday, 11:45am-1:00pm, room TBD
Faculty: David Ye, PhD
- The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of the business models of financial services industry such as banking, asset management and insurance. Key learning objectives include:
- Broad understanding of how business operates in various financial industries such as source of revenues and expenses.
- Gain an appreciate on how quantitative skills and knowledge are applied in various segment of financial services industry.
- Learn through case studies and class projects on problem-solving skills in practice.
- Help students decide if Finance in general or a particular sector of Finance is a good match with their skills, interest, and personal orientations.
- Support students in their job search in Finance as appropriate through identification of potential companies and interview preparations as appropriate
- Learning directly from invited industry speakers who will share their career journey and work experiences.
This course will be led by Executive in Residence David Ye. Dr. Ye has a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Duke University. After a career in academia, Dr. Ye had worked in Finance for over 25 years, and he has held senior positions at several major banking, insurance, and trading firms. He enjoys teaching and mentoring students through combining both industry and academic perspectives in his class.